Cirrhosis is a condition that results from permanent damage or scarring of the liver. This leads to a blockage of blood flow through the liver and prevents normal metabolic and regulatory processes.
Major Causes of Liver Cirrhosis
Major Manifestations in patients include the following:
- Chronic alcoholism
- Viral infections caused by chronic viral hepatitis (types B, C and D)
- Metabolic diseases such as alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency, galactosemia and glycogen storage disorders
- Inherited diseases such as Wilson disease and hemochromatosis
- Biliary cirrhosis resulting from diseases such as primary biliary cholangitis (PBC) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)
- Toxic hepatitis caused by severe reactions to prescribed drugs or prolonged exposure to environmental toxins
- Repeated bouts of heart failure with liver congestion
The symptoms of the patients with liver cirrhosis may vary depending upon the intensity of the illness, however some commonly associated symptoms can be
- Loss of appetite
- Lack of energy, which can be debilitating
- Weight loss or sudden weight gain
- Yellowish, itchy skin
- A brownish or orange tint into the urine
- Light colored stool
Stem Cell Treatment for Liver Cirrhosis
Stem cells are the naïve cells, isolated from your own body tissues such as bone marrow or adipose tissues; which are known to have the ability to differentiate into various cells of different origin. The accumulated data from worldwide studies have suggested that these stem cells have the ability to differentiate into osteoblasts i.e. bone cells.
Our main goal is to stop progression of degeneration of Liver.
With the development of science, it is now possible to isolate these stem cells from your own body, concentrate in the ultramodern environment and infuse back in the joints as a treatment module.
Once inside the liver, these stem cells can differentiate into different liver cells to restore the function, promote vascularisation to improve blood flow and create an environment to accelerate the process of recovery. With the increasing awareness, many people are opting for this minimally invasive, effective treatment option and getting benefited.